Thursday, February 5, 2015

With a Cherry on Top!

Today I am sharing a birthday card for a little girl whose birthday is coming up.  I used the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch with the Color Play Combo that was in the Papertrey newsletter this month.  The sketch is really fun.


And the colors screamed birthday.  After seeing the sketch I knew I wanted to use this oldie, but goody ice cream stamp and when I saw the color combo the rest just fell into place.


Normally I don't particularly like color challenges, but this one was screaming at me.  It fit perfectly with the image I had already decided to work with on this project. 



I stamped and embossed the ice cream then colored it to ensure maximum color pop and applied glitter on top.  I painted pigment ink on the hot fudge and embossed it with clear embossing powder to make it glossy like freshly melted chocolate.  The whole ice cream panel is popped up, though it's hard to tell in the photo.

Thanks for taking a peek.
Amanda

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (ice cream from years ago), PTI (sentiment)
Dies: PTI (One liners: Happy)
Paper: PTI (Sweet Blush patterns, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, White, Royal Velvet)
Other: Versacolor Ink, Momento Ink, Stampendous Embossing Powder, Copics, Glitter

1 comment: