Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Spring into Action!

As the Papertrey anniversary celebration continues the challenges keep coming.  I am a few challenges behind, but today I am springing into action with an underused set.  The challenge actually called for using a set that you had never inked up, but I couldn't find one in my stash.  I'm pretty good about breaking out the new stuff, but sometimes the older stuff gets pushed aside.  As I was looking through my stuff, I came across Tiny Treats: Birthday.  I bought this set for the tiny rocket to match the bigger one that is part of their Boy Basics line.  I swore I would never buy a set of that size for one stamp, but when you are asked to plan a spaceship birthday party you do what needs to be done (ok, I'm a sucker for planning parties to the best of my ability!).  So, while I didn't have any unused sets I did have the rest of the set that was just going to be sitting until someone, or something, pushed it to the forefront of my mind.  So I came up with this sweet little card.


And then it occurred to me there are lots of stamps sitting in the stamp cabinet that have seen nearly enough use.  So...I took inspiration from the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch to get going on St. Patrick's Day cards.  The sketch is a great one to work with.


I brought in the rainbow and a cute little leprechaun to create this.


He's such a fun little guy!  I just don't make that many St. Patrick's Day projects to use him all that much.  And sadly he was purchased as an unmounted rubber stamp without any label so I don't know where he comes from.

Thanks for stopping by!
Amanda

Supplies
Birthday
Stamps: PTI (Tiny Treats: Birthday, Fancy Flourishes)
Dies: Sizzix (Label), PTI (Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles), Memory Box (Square)
Paper: PTI (Kraft, Ripe Avocado Patterns, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Rustic White)
Other: Ranger (Distress Ink), Momento (Gray Ink), Ribbon

St. Patrick's Day
Stamps: Unknown
Paper: PTI (Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Royal Velvet, Rustic White, White), Stash Gold, Indigo
Other: Copics, Momento (Black Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Super sweet cards! I didn't have that many uninked stamp sets in my stash either -- just a couple of Monthly Moments sets from the fall, because I'm, ahem, a little behind on my Monthly Moments album.... ;)

    ReplyDelete