Thursday, March 12, 2015

Dream...

Today I am posting a card inspired by the Oscar Red Carpet Challenge at Runway Inspired Challenges.  I used this photo:


This is not my type of dress, at all.  But for some reason it spoke to me.  I really liked the softness of the fabric and pattern with the slight harshness of the black writing.  I got to work to make this:


I used this sheer fabric stuff I picked up in Germany a few years back for the background over Fine Linen cardstock and then cut a border from pale pink for the words.  Normally when I use this sheer fabric stuff on a card I pull it really tight, but the picture caused me to reconsider that approach.  

I hope you like it.
Amanda

Supplies:
Stamps: Serendipity (sentiments)
Dies: PTI (Medium Scallop Border)
Paper: PTI (Fine Linen), Stash (Pink)
Other: Momento Ink, Sheer Fabric

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and soft!! I love your imaginative and creative take on the challenge photo!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete